What are some animated video production services?
Following are some services provided by animated video production companies-
- 2D Animation: In 2D animation, its character and content are in a two-dimensional space. It is considered a traditional animation style and came into existence in the early 1800s. In the initial stages, 2D animation required putting two frames together with two slightly different drawings in each frame. Still, later with the gradual development of technology, this whole process was also digitized through other animation apps and software with the option of drawing or sketching the animated characters. Using 2D animation is in trend. Cartoons, advertisements, corporate presentations, marketing, educational purposes, and video games use 2D animation.
- 3D Animation: 3D animation video creates video through moving pictures in three dimensions in a digital environment. The goal of 3D videos is to give it a realistic touch and make it appear moving on the screen, whereas in reality, those images are set in a series and shown in a fast sequence. Some significant 3D animation videos are modeling, layout & animation of the video, and final editing. Though compared to 2D animation, 3D animation is time-consuming and expensive, but it provides the video with a more cinematic and realistic touch. Following are some examples of 3D animations which we see on a day to day basis-
- 3D Product Animations
- 3D Engineering Animation
- 3D Industrial & Mechanical Animation
- 3D Explainer Videos
- Computer Generated Images (CGI): Images generated using computer graphics are called computer-generated images. These images may be static, dynamic, 2D, or 3D art. Computer games, print media, simulators, VFX, TV, videos, and commercials widely use CGI.
- Extended Reality Experiences (web XR): Extended Reality (XR) is an umbrella term for all immersive technologies such as Augmented Reality (AR), Virtual Reality (VR), and Mixed Reality (MR). This technology completely immerses its users in a computer-generated world. XR uses immersive technology to blend the real and virtual worlds. For example, 3D Try-on technology on Lenskart.
- Virtual Product Modelling: Virtual product modeling creates interactive 2D or 3D virtual models of machines, human body parts, or other objects for education and simulation.
- Live-Action: Live-action is a style of videography that deals with photography. The live-action process combines live-action with animation. It contains multi-platform media content to educate, entertain and activate audiences around the globe. Live-action is a less expensive medium compared to other animated video styles.
- Motion Graphics: It is a process of projecting still images onto a screen in rapid succession to create an illusion of movement. Animated videos have three significant impacts on their audience: visual, auditory & kinesthetic.
- Whiteboard Animation: They are short animated videos that show a hand drawing and explaining a concept or an idea. Modern methods of whiteboard animation use DIY tools, where the software is programmed to create an illusion of a drawing hand. Voice-over is then incorporated to produce the final animated video.
What are animated explainer videos?
They are short animated videos to explain a concept or an idea. Animated explainer videos are between 30-seconds to 3-minutes long and are a great way to engage an audience emotionally. Naturally, people don’t like seeing ads. Still, animated explainer videos serve as an excellent tool to simplify complex business ideas and communicate a brand in less than a minute.
What are some animated explainer video companies & websites in the USA?
Following are the names of some animated explainer video companies & their websites in the USA –
- Eaxprts: They are engineering animation experts based out of Westampton Township, New Jersey. They specialize in 3D engineering animation, Computer Generated Images (CGI) for Tradeshows, marketing/sales PPT, maintenance, training, and installation. For more information, visit their website at www.eaxprts.com.
- Thinkmojo: Founded in 2011, they are in San Francisco, CA. They specialize in explainer videos, animated videos, screencasts, motion graphics, and live-action. For more information, visit their website at www.thinkmojo.com.
- Explainify: They are based in Fayetteville, AR. They specialize in video animation, video production, explainer videos, animated videos, company stories, motion graphics, video marketing, animation, marketing, video strategy, brand messaging, and storytelling. For more information, you can visit their website at www.explainify.com.
- Demo Duck: They are based in Chicago, IL. They specialize in explainer videos, animated videos, live videos, viral videos, educational videos, customer testimonials, company stories, tutorial videos, commercials, branded videos, motion graphics, and advertising. For more information, you can visit their website at www.demoduck.com.
- Epipheo: They are based in Cincinnati, OH. They specialize in marketing, advertising, video, distribution, storytelling, brand messaging, content strategy, digital, social media, video marketing, video production, animation, live-action, and content marketing. For more information, you can visit their website at www.epipheo.com.
- Explain Ninja: They were founded in 2013 and are based in Warsaw, Masovian, Poland. They specialize in animation, motion design, voiceover, SFX, storyboarding, 2D animation, 3D animation, and frame-by-frame animation. For more information, you can visit their website at www.explain.ninja.
- BluBlu Studios: Established in 2014, this company is in Warsaw, Poland. They specialize in 2D animation, motion graphics, cartoon series, animated videos, explainer videos, illustrations, storyboards, concept arts, animated series, TVC, animated commercials, and book illustrations. Their client list includes Subaru, Forbes, Nickelodeon, Panasonic, La Poste, Mentos, Macmillan, Pearson, Vattenfall, Springer Nature, La Poste, and L’Occitane. For more information, you can visit their website at www.blublustudios.com.
- Yum Yum Videos: Established in 2010, this company is in Buenos Aires, Argentina. They specialize in explainer videos, animated explainer videos, animated marketing videos, animated videos, startup videos, whiteboard animation, animated video production, animated corporate videos, 2D character animation, advanced motion graphics, video marketing, and video production. For more information, visit their website at www.yumyumvideos.com.
- Wyzowl: They were founded in the year 2009 and are in Southport, Merseyside, UK. They specialize in animated video production, explainer video production, mobile video production, and web video production. Their repertoire of clients includes names such as TNT, Kodak, Deloitte, LG, Crucial, Seagate, Standard Chartered, and more. For more information, visit their website at www.wyzowl.com.
What are some animated video production services companies in India?
Following are the names of some animated video production companies:
- Maya Entertainment Ltd was incorporated on 17th May 1989 in Mumbai. It’s a non-government company specializing in motion pictures, radio, and TV.
- Pentamedia Graphics Ltd was founded in May 1976 in Chennai. They own an internet entertainment business and a production facility. They specialize in films, broadcasting, and video production. Apart from their office in Chennai, they also have their international marketing office in Hollywood, Cerritos, Singapore, Manila, Tokyo, and London.
- Crest Animation Studios Ltd was founded in 1990 in Mumbai. They specialize in 3D animation, mainly serving clients from the US and Europe. They are also a dubbing studio, having dubbed many cartoons for Cartoon Network.
- Toonz Media Group was incorporated in 1999 and is based in Kerala. They specialize in animation, live-action, stop-motion, visual effects, gaming, and designing.
- Reliance MediaWorks was founded in 1975 in Mumbai. They are a film and entertainment services company specializing in theatrical exhibition of films, TV content production & distribution, motion picture processing, digital distribution, audio restoration, image enhancement,2D to 3D conversion, digital master, studios & equipment rentals, visual effects, animation and post-production for TV advertisements.
Where to buy animated videos?
Animated video is an excellent medium for explaining your product or business to your customers. However, to buy or create one, you must first approach a video production company that understands your marketing needs. There are a couple of ways to do this: either you do a Google search to find a good video production company, in which case you’d be suggested higher budget studios. Or, if your budget isn’t big, you could write down names of a few production companies looking all the ways down the list to select a production company that meets your requirements. For your convenience, we have compiled names of a few video production companies you could look into – Eaxprts, Thinkmojo, Explainify, Demo Duck, and Epipheo.
What are some services provided by Wyzowl explainer video company?
Wyzowl was founded in 2009 and is in Southport, Merseyside, UK. They specialize in animated video production, explainer video production, mobile video production, and web video production. Their repertoire of clients includes names such as TNT, Kodak, Deloitte, LG, Crucial, Seagate, Standard Chartered, and more. For more information, visit their website at www.wyzowl.com.
How do you make animated videos?
Making animated videos involves the following three phases-
Pre-production: In this stage, an artist comes with a relevant cohesive, connected plan to establish a goal for the project. It involves story writing, story narration, light fixing, the makeup of the artist, fixing schedule with proper location, hiring and preparing crews, auditioning talent, preparing cast, budgeting, and collecting with all necessary equipment. Again, research, planning, and organizing are effective methods to set a goal and achieve that for video production.
Production: Executing all the pre-production plans and capturing the story’s assets from the artist’s performance with a rolling camera is known as production. Production is ‘Action’! It is doing the animation according to the storyboard scene by scene and frame by frame. Each element of the structure is animated according to the blueprint. Set up of sound and light, primary photography, B-roll capture, and voiceover recordings are significant processes in production.
Post-production/editing: Editing, sound fixing, background score and color corrections for giving a cinematic touch, visual effect, picture lock, lower third (a contextual text or image positioned on the lower third of the screen to provide relevant information), title, and end cards are essential processes that are performed with the raw footage before final delivery for distribution. Some editing software – Adobe After Effects, Final Cut Pro, Cinema 4D, Logic Pro, etc., are some professional software used by the team for a final edit & render before broadcasting or sharing it with clients.
An animated video undergoes specific processes before creation and distribution, which are as follows-
- Client’s requirements: A product’s marketing and a brand’s reputation depend on its need or requirements to its target audience. A video is created to connect with the spectators. Hence corporate video is being designed keeping in mind its target audience’s needs. Though every story is different, the primary purpose of making a video or any product is to satisfy the customer’s expectations and to engage them by connecting emotionally with the product using different marketing strategies to spread the brand’s awareness universally.
- Storyboarding: It’s an essential process in the pre-production of video making. A story holds the essence and existence of the video and helps in connecting with audiences. A story is being created by the content or scriptwriter that the artist performs to convey to its audience. After writing the storyboard, the artist sketch/scribble out each frame with all the details needed for the specific frame from transition to movements; everything is pre-planned in the storyboard. A storyboard is a visual outline or a blueprint for the video that helps organize thoughts and simplifies the video-making process; you can visualize how the video will look like. The main feature of successful storyboarding are-
- Breaking down actions into individual panels.
- Drawings, sketches, reference images, or photographs to represent each frame.
- Series of drawings, with camera direction, dialogue, or transitions.
- Sketches out how a video will unfold, scene by scene.
- Writing voiceovers according to each frame.
- Building illustrations, gathering existing video assets and relevant images: The next important step to form a corporate video is to gather pre-existing images or relevant videos and to build perfect illustrations that will match the raw video footage and will make it visually appealing.
- Using visual effect: visual effects are being applied in the production time to make the video more interesting and engaging. Adobe After Effects software is used to create beautiful designs and visual effects. Adobe After Effects introduces multiple facilities starting with 3D design space in a project, easy removal of unwanted objects from a running video clip, and accurate rotoscoping.
- Adjustment of sound and color: The sound and color are being adjusted as per the requirements while editing. This process is done especially in the post-production process. The application of sound and color in a video adds another dimension to the video and makes it more attractive to its audience. At the end of the post-production process, minute observation on each detail before final editing and final cut is demandable.
How much does it cost to make an animated video?
There is no set way to know the exact cost involved to animate a video because prices vary from company to company. Costing to animate a video depends on each stage of the video production process, such as
- Concept and scripting
- Voice over and sound effects
Furthermore, increasing specifications and features to the basic plan add to the initial cost. Thus, a standard promo business video can cost between 500 USD to 200K USD, and a 60-sec promo video costs between 300 USD to 5K USD.
What is the best-animated video maker?
The best software for video animation would depend on the type and complexity of the animation – what is it that you are trying to create? Is it a GIF, cartoon, 2D, or a 3D animation, live-action, or motion graphics? Be clear on the type of animation you are trying to create. Next, select the appropriate software. The key here is to choose the proper software rather than the latest software. Some good animation software are-
- Adobe After Effects
- Adobe Animate CC
- Adobe Character Animator
- Avid media composer
- Final Cut Pro
How long does it take to animate a 5-minute video?
Animating a video would depend on various factors such as stages and processes involved in video production, namely pre-production, production, and post-production. It would also depend on the customization of specifications and features. So, usually, animating a 5-minute video takes up to 5-6 weeks.